Igniting the spark of genius in every child
Follow the Child, Follow their Interest
The Montessori environment provides a place for natural development. Maria Montessori believed that the child learns better through their natural curiosity of the world around them, allowing them to freely explore what they enjoy will help give them a lifelong love of learning.
Teachers in Montessori carefully examine the children and introduces them to different learning materials and exercises that are both compelling and developmentally appropriate for them. They will guide your children towards a productive and challenging experiences, both individually and collectively, that will provide a firm foundation for their future.
“In the child is much knowledge, much wisdom. If we do not profit from it, it is only because of neglect on our part to become humble and to see the wonder of this soul and learn what the child can teach.”
and Traditional Education
- Emphasis on Cognitive and Social Development
- Teacher has guiding role
- Environment and method encourage self-discipline
- Primary individual instruction
- Mixed age groups
- Grouping encourages children to teach and collaborate
- Child chooses own work
- Child discovers own concepts from self-teaching materials
- Child is allocated time to work on and complete lessons
- Child sets own learning pace
- Child spots own errors from feedback on material
- Emphasis on Rote Learning and Social Behavior
- Teacher controls classroom
- Teacher acts as primary enforcer of discipline
- Mainly group instruction
- Same age groups
- Teaching is done by teacher; collaboration is discouraged
- Curriculum structured for child
- Child is guided to concepts by teachers
- Child generally allotted specific time for work
- Instruction pace set by group
- Errors in child’s work highlighted by teacher
Courtesy of Montessori Resources.
What is Montessori
Montessori is an education philosophy and practice that fosters rigorous, self-motivated growth for children and adolescents in all areas of their development, with a goal of nurturing each child’s natural desire for knowledge, understanding, and respect.
Why Choose Montessori?
Learn what sets Montessori apart from traditional education. Discover how it develops students who are capable, accountable, and knowledgeable, with the strong sense of self they will need to thrive in the real world.